Friday, August 13, 2010

Translations...

Translations… There are dozens of different ones….yet some people think that the King James is the only reliable one…that it might even be the one Jesus used…

(That was a joke.) The only scripture Jesus used was what we call the Old Testament, and it was written in Hebrew….and on scrolls.

I love the King James. I don’t use it anymore.

I’m not good at memorizing and quoting, but what little I can quote verbatim is from the King James…it was what we used when I was a child. However, a lot of what I read and heard might as well have been Hebrew. I have never spoken “The King’s English”…and I didn’t understand a lot of what King James’s translated Bible said.

Sometimes, what might otherwise be very familiar words, is very profound said differently. Same message, same content, same application…different words…and POW!! You get this big A-HA!!

Here was mine this morning..

“…I tried keeping rules and working my head off the please God, and it didn’t work. So I quit being a ‘law man’ so that I could be God’s man. Christ’s life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with Him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you….or have your good opinion…amd I am not longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living…is not ‘mine’…but it is lived by faith in the son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me. I am not going to go back on that. Is it not clear to you that to go back to that old rule-keeping, peer-pleasing religion would be an abandonment of everything personal and free in my relationship with God? I refuse to do that, to repudiate God’s grace. If a living relationship with God could come by rule-keeping, then Christ died unnecessarily.”

Wow….

(That is in Galatians 2 for you KJV folks that might want to check.)