Friday, August 13, 2010

Lists..

Lists…Do you make them? I do. Seems if I get it written on a list, I can release it from my mind, depending on the list rather than my memory. If I send someone to buy things for me, I make a list. I’m in good company…God made a few lists…

The first one I think of is that list of ten things He wrote. (‘Moses was there with the Lord…and He wrote on the tablets…the Ten Commandments’ Ex. 34:28) THAT is a list…if you haven’t really considered all those ten things, it would be worth your time.

It’s an impossible list to fill though. He knew that when He made it…but we didn’t. We had to learn that it was impossible…that was the purpose of the list. (‘no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by observing the law, rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.’ Romans 3:20) Jesus filled that list perfectly. (..I have not come to abolish the Law, but to fulfill..’Matt.5:17) And what is simply amazing is that He is so gracious to credit to us, what He did to fill that list, He did all the work and we can gain reward. Amazing grace indeed.

There are other lists. Lists of behavior that offend God. I find myself listed somehow in all of them. And am so thankful for the Amazing Grace of Jesus Christ and His payment for my offenses.