Friday, August 13, 2010

Hear...

hear...at times, I get so tired of sounds. My ears are very sensitive, my mind processes every sound...sometimes yards away from me... I find myself hearing, though I am not listening. Sometimes, I'd like a switch to turn it off.
I wish I could hear like that with my spirit and my heart. Jesus often said 'He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.' (I can give you at least half a dozen verses for that if you want them.) He knows I have hears...but do I have hears 'to hear'...or have I switched that off? (Seems I have no problem switching off THAT hearing!)

Do I only hear what is comfortable and pleasant? Is my spiritual hearing as sensitive as my ears seem to be sometimes? Or does God have to speak really loud before I pay attention?

"And the Lord came and stood and called as at other times....'Samuel...Samuel...' and Samuel answered, Speak:for thy servant heareth."(1Sam.3:10) ... See More

'Connie....Connie...." When He speaks, I want to hear....the first time He calls.