Friday, August 13, 2010

Remote control...

Sometimes, the battery for our TV remote control is low and it doesn’t respond properly. Sometimes believe it or not, I just decide to walk over and do the controlling …impatient or irritated, making a statement of my ability to control the TV myself.

I do have a remote control that is capable of controlling EVERYthing. I often have it stuffed down somewhere though, like the TV remote control gets lost in the recliner.

‘…my Savior….has the power to bring everything under His control, transforming my lowly body to be like His….’ (Phillipians 3:21) No batteries required…His power really does keep going and going…. But I have the option of not using it. I can stuff it away ‘..Quench not the Spirit.’ (1Th. 5:19)

‘…the holy Scriptures…are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and useful in….training in righteousness…to be thoroughly equipped…’ (2 Tim. 3: 15-17) The manual will never be exhausted. It will always be fresh and relevant, teaching me how to use this Remote Control in more and more ways. But I have the option of not reading it.

Remote control….Our satellite equipment quit working properly. Yesterday, the service man came and installed new equipment, which included a new remote control device. It is different from the old one. Now we have to learn how to use it….

I suppose we could just get up and change the channels by hand, but like you…(admit it, you’re the same way..) we want to sit across the room in our easy chair and change the channels. We are discovering some new benefits from this remote control, things other than simply changing channels….I’m hoping it will control everything so we can do away with the other equipment controllers. We haven’t read all the manual yet, so I’m not sure. He has ‘given me everything I need for life and godliness through my knowledge of Him…’ helping me to ‘..add to my faith, goodness and knowledge, self control and perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness….and love.’ ( 2 Peter 1:3,6) This Remote Control will address every area of life, sending the Signal that selects the very best programming. But I have options for all sorts of programming. I get to choose.

We have a lot of things blocked on our TV, opted out of a number of channels that are available. Our Remote Control advised us against many of them. ‘ ..whatever is true, honest, just, pure, lovely…..think on these things…’ (Phil. 4:8)

‘ ..the Spirit of truth…will guide you into all truth…He will show you things to come…’(John 16:13) THIS is remote control. But I have the option of not using it.

Do you have Remote Control? Do you read the Manual? Do you appropriate His power Source, or use your own? It is available to you….but you have the option of not using it.