Thursday, August 26, 2010

Glory...

Glory… is it an ego trip?

Scripture has a lot to say about glory, especially about the glory of God. I once thought God had a really big ego that needed fed. Why else would He have so much to say in His Word about bringing Him glory?

I’m faced often with hard situations and difficult choices. Most of them would be so easy to make were I not a follower of Jesus Christ.

Every time I make a decision and follow through with actions in line with what Jesus would do, I bring Him glory…. (..remember WWJD?..)

In those difficult times I have opportunity to display the Character of God….IF (big if..) ….If my choice is made from His Truth, if I am doing it because it is right, if it is because He has called me to do it, and if I recognize that it is thru the power of His Holy Spirit that I am enabled and empowered to do it.

If you ever see any fruit of righteousness in me, you can be sure that it is because thru Jesus Christ, my love has abounded, my knowledge and depth of insight has abounded, if I am able to discern what is best, it comes thru Jesus Christ….and you need to be attracted to God because of what He might show you thru my life…. (Php. 1:9-11 my personalized version and Paul’s prayer for us )

There are many times I’d sure like to be Jonah. Run the other way. Pass my judgment and hold back God’s love and mercy from somebody else. Yep, some days my name is Jo-netta.

Sigh….

God doesn’t need glory. We need to see it.

God’s doesn’t need glory. I need to reflect it.…..because my glory at it’s best is still not attractive….only ‘filthy rags’. (Isa. 64:6)


“Help us, O God our Savior, for the glory of Your Name. Deliver us and forgive our sins for Your Name’s sake.” (Ps. 79:9)

“I can do everything through Him Who gives me strength.” (Php. 4:13)