Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cheqer tabawn....

Cheqer tabuwn … In Hebrew, it means finding out knowledge…

Isaiah says that we can not fathom God’s knowledge or His understanding. “ Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth……………. and His understanding no one can fathom.” (Isa. 40:28)

But I try. I’m not the smartest gal around…but I’m smarter than I was. I’m not the wisest, but I’ve gained in wisdom. I don’t understand everything, but I understand a great deal more than I once did.

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. All who follow His precepts have good understanding…” (Ps. 111:10) Fear was the beginning. Thank You God, that isn’t all there is.

I’ll never know as much as God knows. But I have knowledge OF HIM. And ‘if I call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, if I look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, I will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom…He holds victory in store…He is a shield…He gaurds the course…He protects the way…” (Pro. 2, selected passages, personalized by me)

I must ‘turn my ear to wisdom and apply my heart to understanding.’ Seems that often I listen for only what I want to hear. “ …since you would not accept my advice and you spurned my rebuke, you will eat the fruit of your way and be filled with the fruit of your scheme…” Ouch.

Better leave my schemes out of it, ya think?

“Trust in Me with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, Connie. In ALL your ways acknowledge Me, and I will make your paths straight.”
(Pro. 3:5 personalized by me)