Friday, August 13, 2010

Friends..

friends...Our culture calls lots of things friendship. But having a true friend is a treasure, being one is not easy. It is a relationship and requires commitment and work. On Facebook, we collect friends and number them. People 'request' to be your friend, and we have the option of accepting or rejecting. I rejected... a request last night, and it has made me wonder if I do that in 'real life'.(continued in comment)
"Every man is a friend to him that gives gifts"(Prov.19:6) Do I look for friendship only from those who have something to offer me in return? When it's beneficial for ME? When I am comfortable with it? Jesus Himself calls us friend. If we look for benefits from friendship, He is THE ONE. But it's a relationship and requires commitment and work. "... See MoreYou are my friends when you do the things I command you"(John 15:14MSG) That would be a tall order without His grace, without being connected to Him, for He is the PowerSource. "..apart from Me, you can do nothing"(John 15:5) Lord help us be good friends to each other.