Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Entrance...

Entrance… You can’t get ‘in’, without one…

As I continue to reflect on Psalm 119, this verse draws me.

“The entrance of Your Words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.” (v. 130)

The truth here is profound.

You don’t have to be a rocket scientist.

All you have to be is sincere. He fills in any deficiency.

I’ve heard people say they can’t understand the Bible, so they don’t read it. I’ve said it myself.

I didn’t understand it because it didn’t say anything I wanted to hear. I didn’t understand it because it clashed with my rationale. I didn’t understand it because it was not logical.

One thing I have learned, and I know that I know this….His Holy Spirit is capable and willing, even eager to teach. He teaches us where we are….super intelligent or simple. We don’t become scholars overnight, we become and remain students of His as long as there is a today.

Another thing I have learned, and I know that I know, God is not bound by my human logic. Or yours.

But when His Words enter our discussions and into our thoughts, when we truly consider what He has said, light bulbs will come on.

The problem with light is that the brighter it shines, the more dust and cobwebs you can see. And when it is God’s Light shining, we see where we don’t measure up, we miss being perfect and holy by a zillion miles…..

And we have a very real enemy poised to pounce and accuse.

Let Him give you light. He provides understanding to a heart that is undivided in its motive.

Read His Word.

And as you do, never forget that every word is overflowing with love for YOU. And every word is meant for your greater good. And mine…

Every word… Even to the point that “The Word became flesh and dwelt among us….” He stepped out of glory for you….into a dying body of flesh, even to the point of a horrible death He loved you…

Let His Word give you light….you may be surprised just how dark it is where you are.