Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Horrified...

Horrified…. I was warned that I would be. I was…

Yesterday I made it my business to find out what all the hoopla is about a certain reality show. I don’t watch much television programming, especially the craze of reality shows, I already have enough reality to suit me thank- you-very-much. Besides, it should really be called exaggerated reality. Surely people don’t really live and act like that….

Or do they?

I am far from perfect. So very far.. But God help me to never accept the flaws, help me to continue to be a better person, more like You. Especially help me to never embrace the flaws, never allow me to celebrate the imperfections….allow me no joy in that.

As I continue to reflect on Psalm 119, verse 53 from the next section stood spoke to me in my horrified state…. “Horror hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake thy law.”

What little I saw was offensive to me, but that’s not the deal.

The deal is that so many people live an absolute Godless life. They revel in it. And have no idea how miserable they really are…

It reminds me of the years I suffered before having surgery to remove diseased female organs. I had absolutely no idea how sick I was, how awful I felt all the time, because it was my normal. I didn’t know anything else…ever. When it was removed and I began to get healthier, I was horrified that I suffered so much for so long. (Thank You God for hysterectomies!)

People without God have no idea how sick they are. And tragically, the symptoms of sin sickness lead to an eternal death.

People are without God simply because they choose to not know Him. And He is the most amazing, awesome Person….

He knows every thing…has every thing…can do every thing…

Why are there so many people who are not the least bit interested?


“….. people have turned away from your law. No matter where I live, I sing about your orders. LORD, during the night I remember who you are. That's why I keep your law.
I have really done my best to obey your rules.” (Psalm 119:53-56NIrV)



I want always to remember Who You are. Help me that no matter where I am I will remember Your Presence with me. You see and hear every thought, every word, every act. And You want only the best for me. Always and only the very best….