Saturday, August 13, 2011

Truth...

Truth… There is absolute truth. You might believe a devil’s lie, you might be deceived, you may question it…but nothing changes truth. Who gets to define what truth it?…..

God. Absolutely.

It has been demonstrated to humanity that we are subject to believing lies, prone to try to over-rule truth, making it what we decide it should be. But all those efforts are useless…and thinking we have prevailed in it will eventually be obvious to us. Painfully obvious. We do well to admit our foolishness and rebellion sooner rather than later….

In my study of Psalm 119, in the third section of 8 verses, I am drawn to verse 18.…

“Open my eyes so that I can see the wonderful truths in your law.”

Eve was deceived and believed a lie. I do not want to be like my mother Eve.


“Your covenant laws are my delight. They give me wise advice.”(verse 24) Truth is hard sometimes. Truth about myself is often very hard. And very ugly… certainly not delightful.

I am thankful to have come to know Jesus well enough that even when He shows me hard ugly things, I hear Him speak with a Voice of love and not condemnation.

I know that He is not mean and nasty…I know that what He says IS true, and that He wants only what is good and better for me.

But I do not forget that what He says is truth. Whether I like it, or whether I don’t. Whether I choose to make my decisions accordingly, or whether I try to re-define it.

What He says, IS.

Absolutely.

Lord, open my eyes and make me see the wisdom of what you say. Help me to see the folly of ignoring or refusing truth…..