Monday, August 22, 2011

Life....

Life… We have a heartbeat, we breathe, we move around…and we call it life.

We say ‘live it up!’ and do all sorts of things thinking that’s what we are doing….living it up. Yet the search is never ending. Where does it end….

I continue my study of Psalm 119 and identify with David’s words in verse 82. “My eyes grow tired looking for what you have promised”

I know what that feels like. Searching for that contentment, fulfillment, pleasure, purpose…call it what you like. It is endless....

Doing the do’s and not doing the don’ts. It is exhausting…

David also has the key in this section of his psalm.

“According to Your steadfast love give life to me; then I will keep the testimony of Your mouth” (Ps. 119:88 AMP)

Without being granted spiritual life from our Creator, we have a heartbeat, we breathe, we move around….and we wear ourselves out in efforts to find what He offers to provide.

Without the life that He in His steadfast love gives, we will never know how shallow and empty our so-called lives are. And we will never ever be able to line our lives up with a holy God and His Word.

Thank you that You have given life to me. Thank you Father for the power of Your Spirit, that enables me to follow You. “All your commands are trustworthy..”(vs.86) I want to simply believe what You say, and accept the help that you provide to me thru Your Spirit.