Sunday, August 14, 2011

Worn out...


Worn out… Tired. Old and tired….

I say it jokingly almost daily….that I’m old and tired. It becomes more true all the time !

Reflecting on verses 25-32 of Psalm 119, I am drawn to verse 28... “My sadness has worn me out. Give me strength as you have promised.”

On nights like this when sleep leaves too soon, I am left to be awake with my thoughts, and my mind is sometimes assaulted by those nasty flaming arrows of the Accuser. Liar that he is… ‘You should have…’ ‘You could have…’ ‘You didn’t…’ ‘You’ll never…’

My sadness wears me out. Father, give me strength as You have promised.


I recognize them sooner that I once did, but the accusations and lies of the enemy still sting.

Praise God I do recognize them, and that I have learned that although ‘.. I do live in the world…. I don't fight my battles the way the people of the world do. The weapons I fight with are not the weapons the world uses. In fact, it is just the opposite. My weapons have the power of God to destroy the camps of the enemy. I destroy every claim and every reason that keeps people from knowing God. I keep every thought under control in order to make it obey Christ. (2Cor. 10:3-5 NIrV)


“I have chosen to be faithful to you. I put my trust in your laws.” (Ps. 119:30NIrV)


“I'll run the course you lay out for me if you'll just show me how”
(Psalm 119:32 The Message)

And He will….

“I have put myself under God's mighty hand….I turn all my worries over to Him. He cares about me….. He always gives me all the grace I need. So I will only have to suffer for a little while. Then God Himself will build me up again. He will make me strong and steady…” (1Peter 5:6,10NIrV personalized for me, by me)

Hallelujah.