Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thankful 6...

I am thankful for rest.

Rest for a tired body.
Rest for a weary mind.
Rest for a concerned heart.
Rest for an unsettled situation.
Rest for an uncertain future.
Rest for a yearning spirit.


Rest isn't just about sitting on the couch or snoozing in the bed.  I've often done both, only to get up exhausted.

The only true rest is found in the comfort and safety of the sheep pen, under the care of The Good Shepherd....  "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."(Mt. 11:28)

"There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who receives the mark of his name." (Rev. 14:11)

 





"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.   He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.   My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in Him at all times, O people.  Pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge.(Ps. 62:5-8)