Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thankful 3...

I am thankful for correction.

I remember learning to type...way back then.  We had correction tape.  It was a lifesaver.

I keep a bottle of White-Out in my desk drawer.  It comes in handy.  Often.

We are learning to depend on spellcheck. And as we do, we become less cautious and aware of mistakes.

I had my bite corrected in order to be rid of headaches.  My teeth were not lined up correctly, and it caused pain.
Surgeries are performed regularly to correct problems.
I wear glasses to correct vision problems.

The list is endless.

Corrections are often not pleasant but are necessary and beneficial. But corrections are not really corrections if they aren't done with an ideal standard.

Spelling has a standard.  We have dictionaries.
Vision has a standard.     We want 20/20 vision.
Our bodies have a standard. We want them maintained in the original design.

We are wise to be easily corrected.  Behavior. Attitudes. Actions.  There IS a correct way to live, and even though we  choose to deny or refuse it,  it is the standard.  We will all be measured by it eventually.

"This is the nation that has not obeyed the Lord its God, or responded to correction. Truth has perished, it has vanished from their lips." (Jer. 7:28)

"He who heeds discipline shows the way to life, whoever ignores correction leads others astray."
(Prov. 10:17)

"He who ignores discipline comes to poverty and shame. Whoever heeds correction is honored."
(Prov. 13:18)




"Bless is the man You discipline, O Lord, the man You teach from Your law." (Ps. 94:12)


I purpose to hear and heed the first Word of correction.... to be easily corrected. I do not want to be re-taught, yet when I do not learn easily, I purpose to be thankful that He does not give up or allow me to slip further away from Him.