Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful 19...

I am thankful for persistence......

Thankful for the persistence of my alarm clock as I hit the snooze button 5 times every morning. Every morning it prods and encourages me to wake up, get up, and go on with the agenda at hand.


Thankful even more for the the persistence of The Holy Spirit of God, Who nudges me over and over again, prodding me and encouraging me to get up and go on with Him with the agenda at His Hand.

As always, it is my choice. Often, I slap the snooze button a few times...but He is the hound of heaven, and persists in encouraging me to obedience.

Both personally, and as a nation, I am reminded of Jeremiah's recorded warning and it's actuality....

".......the LORD has sent all his servants the prophets to you again and again, you have not listened or paid any attention.
 Those prophets and servants said, "Turn now, each of you, from your evil ways and your evil practices......Do not follow other gods to serve and worship them; do not provoke me to anger with what your hands have made. Then I will not harm you."

"But you did not listen to me," declares the LORD, "and you have provoked me with what your hands have made, and you have brought harm to yourselves."

Therefore the LORD Almighty says this: "Because you have not listened to my words, I will......" (Jer. 25:4-9) 

Our God is persistent.  His desire is that we obey Him.  Not because He is domineering, mean, and nasty....but because He knows the best and wants the best for us.

My God is persistent.  His desire is that I be involved in what He is doing, hand in hand with Him throughout my every day. 

 I purpose to stop slapping the snooze button so often......