Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful 1.....

It is again the season of Thanksgiving.  And I again issue a challenge.....

Make it your purpose to develop the habit of thankfulness.

I have heard that it takes ten days to develop a habit.  That means we can develop a habit of thankfulness between today and turkey day !

What is it you are thankful for today?

I challenge you to look beyond those broad responses like health and freedom.  Even though we should all indeed be thankful for those things.  My challenge is to be more specific....





Today, I am thankful for words.


I am thankful to be able to use these things we call 'words' to communicate by voice, by sign language, written on paper, transferred thru technological machines across the entire globe....

Words are powerful.

They are a gift of God that empower and connect us.

They build up, but can also tear down.
They encourage, but can also defeat.
They communicate love, but can communicate hate.

I am thankful for words, and I purpose today to use them in positive ways.