Friday, November 23, 2012

Thankful 23...

I am thankful for babies.

There is nothing sweeter, nothing more precious...Now, don't misunderstand...I do not want one !  Not for more than a few hours at a time !! 

I raised two baby boys.  I watched two baby grand-daughters grow up.  I watched nephews and nieces meet the world, and grow into adults.  I am now watching from afar as a baby great-nephew changes from an infant to a little boy, and will love every minute of seeing his daddy have his perspective go thru a dramatic change....


Babies draw me, I want to look into their eyes, talk to them (...and talk FOR them as if I am the only one who knows what they would say, if only they could...), and I love seeing them respond to me, hopefully with a smile !

It is incredible to me that a baby human is so utterly helpless when born, yet every other life that God created comes into the world mobile.  Within minutes, or seconds, every other living creature is capable of seeking shelter and nourishment, all by itself.....

Puppies, with eyes sealed shut, can manage to snuggle up to their mother and nuzzle for her nourishment.  Colts and calves, within minutes, can stand up, walk, and run. 



As the season of thanksgiving closes, my thoughts turn to babies. 

I am thankful for babies.  Most especially The One Baby Who changed my life, and the world.....

Thank You Father for baby Jesus.
Thank You Jesus, for leaving the throne of heaven and manifesting Yourself into the womb of a young virgin and the flesh of a human baby...

Hallelujah.