Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful 21...

I am thankful for pictures.

Photography is a complicated craft.  Amazing things can be captured...a moment in time snatched and recorded....often becoming a treasured piece of our past. Looking back at photographs can put us back in that same moment, bring back emotions of the moment... 

Modern photography can make us look really good.  If you know how, you can look slimmer, have a flawless complexion, or enhance the image in dozens of other ways.

A photograph, untouched, shows us what we look like. It mirrors that moment of time, snatched away and documented.

It seems I photograph pretty well. Photographs of me look better than the real deal ! I'm not sure why that is.....I look at photographs of myself, and even I think "...you don't really look like that..." Perhaps I have a knack for posing...


This morning, I am also thankful for the picture of me that my Creator God sees. 

He doesn't see my flaws, He sees me flawless.
He doesn't see my bumps and bulges, He sees me perfect.

A snapshot of me, made at the foot of the cross...
A snapshot of me, a moment in time, when I was snatched away, rescued and redeemed....

It is documented.  My name is on The Lamb's Book of Life. My name written on the palm of His Hand.


"For the LORD's portion is his people....In a desert land He found me, in a barren and howling waste.

He shielded me and cared for me..

He guarded me as the apple of is Eye..
Like an eagle that stirs up its nest and hovers over its young, that spreads its wings to catch them and carries them on its pinions...The LORD alone led me..."(Deut. 32:9-12, personalized by me)

 I believe my picture might just be on His mantle......