Sunday, March 7, 2010

Vision...

Vision… Mine is going. I’ve never had good eyesight. Began wearing glasses in the 5th grade. Got that surgical procedure a few years ago to improve my distance vision, and it is wonderful !! Then my close-up vision went …sigh…

I remember as a kid, walking home from the post office where my daddy worked, wearing the new glasses that had come in the mail. I marveled at the masses of individual leaves on the trees….I could SEE them. I could read the signs on the buildings across the street ! This new improved eyesight was amazing ! Vision-improved.

Last night I saw a person across the room, saw a wave to my direction, thought she looked familiar…but my eyes couldn’t confirm that I knew her and that the wave was in fact intended for me. Yep….it was her. Vision-impaired.

I don’t enjoy looking at the news broadcasts or reading the newspapers proclaiming the events that are happening in the world…either locally or globally. Yet what I do learn about current events is that God has foretold it…and it either has already been, it is right now, or the signs of it’s coming are there. Vision-selective.

‘So what?’ you ask? “… Where is this ‘coming’ He promised? …everything goes on as it has since the beginning…”(2 Peter 3:4)

Vision. We lose sight of the kingdom calendar and fail to see the activities of God. We buy into the enemy lie that because the eastern sky hasn’t burst forth with the return of Jesus, we can assume that neither will we see it any time soon.

Whether He had returned before my birth, or if it is after the birth of my great-great-great grandchildren, or even beyond that…He will return, on His schedule…not mine.

My time is limited. My opportunities are bound within the time frame of MY life, not on God’s. He knows no limitations of time and space, and I can’t fathom what that even means. Vision-non-existant. I choose to believe in faith …from the witness offered in scripture…thru the help and power of His Holy Spirit.

“The Lord gives sight to the blind..He lifts up those who are bowed down…” ( Ps. 146:8)

“What do you want me to do for you?” He asked. “Lord,” I answer…I want my sight.” (Matt. 20:33 personalized by me)

Father open our eyes and give us vision. ‘Nothing in all creation is hidden’ from You. ‘Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to Whom we must give account.’ (Heb. 4:13) As You did with Saul of Tarsus, remove the scales so that we have a changed life and a clear vision of Your purposes and will for us. (Acts 9)