Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Term

Term.. Our elected officials serve terms. We put them in office for these designated periods of time, knowing that at the end of that term they will no longer have the authority of the office unless we give it to them again by re-election.


I’m glad my stay in heaven won’t be a limited term. (1Thes.4:17) I’m thankful my home there will not depend on my job performance but His. It is a matter of ‘…the blood of Christ, Who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself unblemished to God…..’ (Heb. 9:14) I’m rejoicing about the benefits of this new authority…this King Jesus, who now reigns and rules.



I’m thankful it is not I who pays the penalty of death, the result of the curse of sin…I don’t make those sacrifices for sin, over and over and over…as those under the previous covenant were required to do. I’m thankful all of THAT was only for a term!! I’m glad that period of time has now lapsed… a new authority is in place…and this Authority is an Eternal One. (Heb.7:24) Not a term.


I’m thankful my position in His kingdom is not a matter of public opinion, but a matter of God’s grace, His love and mercy, and my accepting His sacrificial death in my stead.
‘All you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ, you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus’ (Gal.3:27,26) I now have an eternal position. Given, not earned.


I honor and respect Him so very much, but I am not afraid of Him, and I have access to His private chambers at any time. I do not hesitate to approach Him, but instead, I can ‘draw near….with a sincere heart, in full assurance of faith,’ and He ‘sprinkles my heart to cleanse me from a guilty conscience.’ (Heb. 10:22)


He’s the King. He is the Eternal One. We didn’t put Him on the throne. His throne has been perpetual throughout the ages, beyond the concept of our limitations of time. Yet He ‘chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of first fruits of all He created.’ His vote is cast. He is for us…but we make the ultimate decision. He does not force His will. How do you choose?



I’m thankful the election is over, the vote has been cast, and my position in the kingdom of God is secure. “He chose us in Him before the creation of the world….In love He determined beforehand to adopt us as His sons and daughters through Jesus Christ.’ (Eph. 1:4-5 my paraphrase)



And I’m His. Not for a term, but for eternity. Hallelujah.