Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New

New….. I woke this morning to find something new…well, a picture of the something new….a baby boy.

I knew the process had begun. The waiting has been ongoing…nine months of waiting. The entire family waiting in anticipation for the something new to finally be reality. But in fact, it has been reality for the entire nine months. Preparations were made and a name chosen. Identity. This child was real and greatly loved long before arrival.


You may disagree, but I believe (strongly) that life begins the instant the sperm meets the egg, the process set in motion, new life growing until the time comes to leave the nurturing place and enter the world, ready to grow and develop even further, eventually repeating the process of reproducing life.

“For You created my inmost being. You knit me together in my mother’s womb.” (Ps. 139:13)

“this is what the Lord says- He Who made you, Who formed you in the womb, and Who will help you….” (Isa. 44:2)

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you...before you were born I set you apart…”(Jer. 1:5)



Babies. New life…God’s gift. Welcome to our world child….you are ‘fearfully and wonderfully made’ (Ps. 139:14)