Thursday, March 25, 2010

Though

Though.. That’s a word we use to introduce a new condition…sometimes it connects and combines two…it means nevertheless…even if…even when…

“…though I walk through…” . Many of us learned to recite the scripture containing these words. As a child, I didn’t really grasp the meaning of ‘the valley of the shadow of death…’ nor understand the concept of the complete helplessness in the face of suffering and death. Death has the final say. Except over Jesus Christ.

Death is something that no other person in this world can help us do. Nobody can do it for me, or for you. Except Jesus Christ.

We struggle against cancers and disease. We make dreadful mistakes that cause accidents of horrific consequence. Death’s shadow looms over those situations and circumstances, and we are helpless in its presence. Except through Jesus Christ.

Life is uncertain, though we forget that. Every one of us will go thru the experience of our bodies death, though we don’t like to think about it, and certainly don’t expect it today.

“Yea, though I walk through the valley of death, I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me.”(Ps. 23:4)

“Oh death, where is your sting? Oh grave, where is your victory?…thanks be to God, which gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” ( 1 Cor. 15:55, 57)

“When I walk into the thick of trouble, …..with Your Hand…save me.” (Ps. 138:7 The Message )

Even when I don’t see how..,,,Jesus does. Even if I can not…..Jesus can. Though the weight of sorrow settles in, when the stress of life heaps up…nevertheless, He is God, and He is my Caregiver, my Friend, My Rescuer, My Comforter…and He lives. Death has no power over Him. Hallelujah.

“finish what you started in me, God…Your love is eternal…” (Ps. 138:8 The Message )
“do not abandon the works of Your Hands…” (Ps. 138:8 NIV )


Many walk the path of death today...may God be so very near, they feel His Breath....