Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Pollen

Pollen… There is a green mist in the air. Thankfully, I remembered to start the allergy medicine in time. I’ve decided not to complain…

I love springtime. I love the budding trees, the fresh growth, the flowers…it always makes me think about Day Three. “Let the earth bring forth grass…herbs… trees….” (Gen.1:11) God had already prepared the place for all this vegetation, He had prepared the earth…light, soil, water. Everything to support plant life was in place, inspected, and approved. Then He spoke and the earth burst forth…

Imagine the earth birthing all plant life for the first time. Imagine how beautiful, how fresh and tender. The colors appearing…on the backdrop of an earth newly divided into dry land and seas.

Never again has it been just like that. God said it once. “Let the earth bring forth….”


“And it was so.” (Gen. 1:11) And it is still so. Just take a look around.

He is so good.