Thursday, April 29, 2010

Liberty

Liberty… We have a statue that we’ve attached that word to…I wonder if we all share the same definition of what liberty is…

“I shall walk in liberty, for I have sought Thy precepts.” (Ps. 119:45)

It seems to me that the more ‘freedom’ that has been allowed, the more choices people are allowed to take, the worse our culture has become.

And it’s because when we are able to choose for ourselves both good AND evil…when we are not seeking to do what is right in God’s eyes…we choose poorly. We have chosen much evil in this nation.

I rejoice in the liberty and freedom that I have in Christ. It is no longer because I feel forced to choose His way, for that is not freedom. I have the liberty to choose like the couple in the garden. I can choose good….or I can choose evil…and I must choose. God does not insist that I choose His good way.

Because I have grown to know Him and love Him, I have come to understand that what He says is always the right way, for my own best interests and the best interests of others. (EVEN when it doesn't LOOK that way!) The choice to follow His good way always brings life, never death. Only by choosing His good way do I find liberty from the permanently established rule that sin=death.

“..the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus made me free from the law of sin and of death.”(Rom. 8:2)


People who spout off about their freedoms and live their lives making ungodly decisions are not free. They are in the worst kind of bondage. Choices that are not lined up with God’s standard bring death. (“ the wages of sin is death..”(Rom. 6:23) Always.

You can complain about it, hit the dislike button, or throw a fit about your ‘rights’…but God is Creator, He gets to pick…what He says IS. Only within the boundaries of Christ is there freedom, for only there is a escape from this curse of sin and death. “If..the son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.”(John 8:36) “ …the free gift of god is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”(Romans 6:23)

“For freedom, Christ has set us free…”(Gal. 5:1)

Jesus, The Messiah…. is the good way. My liberty is in my relationship with my Savior. He has removed the curse. And because of that….I am His slave.

I will strive to serve Him well.