Thursday, April 22, 2010

Force

Force… Webster says that force is energy that may be exerted. That property which may produce action in another body is force. I’ve wanted to force lots of things….

I’ve wanted to force people who have addictions to just STOP. I’ve wanted to force people who refuse to consider the Message of Christ to just HEAR. I’ve wanted to force those who cause hurt to others to SEE. I’ve wanted to force those who won’t bear their own personal responsibilities to GROW UP.

Can’t be done. Personal choice is just that....a personal choice. I can only choose for myself.

“But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you….” (Joshua 24:15)

Serving the Lord does seem undesirable at times. Our enemy still deceives us and lies to us. His MO hasn’t changed….(method of operation) In the garden, he caused Eve to question whether doing what God said was really in her best interest. Genesis 3 tells us how that devil questioned what God ‘really’ said….and why. “…God knows that when you eat….you will know what He knows…”, the serpent hissed. And Eve considered what he said, believed him, and the story continues.

Today, the enemy still will cause us to consider what God has said and why. IF we give him even a moment …if we stop to consider his lies….he still wants us to choose to know evil. (..that tree was knowledge of good AND evil…remember?)

God always always always says what He says for a reason.
God will never never never force us to comply.

Force is certainly within His power. He is the most powerful force that exists. But He has chosen to give us choice. There is and can be…no evil in Him.

He longs for us to choose Him. “But if serving the Lord seems undesirable…..then choose for yourselves..whom you will serve..”

Who do you serve? What do you serve? What is it that controls your choices?

Father forgive me when I consider the enemy’s lies. Forgive me the times I’ve even for a moment questioned if what You ask of me is good. Help me to see the choices when they come…protect me from deception and enable me to choose You in every situation.

“…for me, I choose to serve You.”