Sunday, February 28, 2010

Go

Go… Jonah was told to go. He went…eventually.

God told Noah to go. (Gen.6:14 &7:1) Good thing for us he followed the directions!

Abram was told to go. “Leave your country, your people, your father’s household..”(Gen. 12:1) Later, God told him to “go to the region of Moriah…” (Gen.22:2) That ‘go’ was tough…both of them. Leaving everything familiar, and handing over your precious child.

There is story after story telling us how God directed the lives of people, how they disobeyed, the consequences they and others suffered from the disobedience. We learn how God is always faithful, ‘we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.’ (Rom. 8:28) Even in our disobedience, when we turn again to Him, He takes those awful consequences and brings some benefit to us…growing our faith. Reading and pondering prayerfully over these stories builds our own faith. We see how God has worked in ages past. He is still the same God. He still can be trusted. And still, we often stubbornly refuse to obey Him.

I have a ‘go’. “Jesus said …. ‘Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.’ ”(Mark 16:15) I don’t preach in Kenya or China or any other foreign land. But I am present by being a financial part of a ministry in other parts of the world, and I invest my prayers for the work there.

I ‘go’ every morning when I crank up my vehicle. I go into my own personal world, and my commission from the Lord is to RE-present Him to all creation. It took a long time for me to come to understand just what that means. To present Christ is the goal of every day…in some small or big way, to present Him to someone He misses from the safety of His fold.

I've learned how much He loves me. And I’ve learned how much He loves every other person on this orb we call Earth. And unlike us…His love for you does not diminish His love and care for me.


Go……it’s a journey. Not a sit still and wait kind of thing.…We must get up….walk it out…it requires action on our part.


Go !! And have a glorious Lord’s Day, praise His Name, and worship at the feet of The One Who gave you life