Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love...

Love..Today is Valentine’s Day. Love is in the air….and the banner of love has been flying high, restaurants full of couples, and stores cashing in on the opportunity to sell merchandise designated for your ‘valentine’.


‘…He has taken me to the banquet hall, and his banner over me is love.’ (Song of Solomon 2:4) The entirety of Solomon’s book is a romantic love story. It has lots of rich lessons for us, lessons about our relationships as husband and wife, and the love relationship that God has for us….the relationship that God WANTS us to be completely engaged in and committed to.


I’ve been married to my valentine since 1974. He treats me like a 'lily among thorns' (S.of Sol.2:2) He makes me feel treasured and beautiful. I am secure knowing his love for me.


‘How great is the love the Father has lavished on me, that I should be called a child of God! And that is what I am !’ (1 John 3:1 personalized by me) I am secure in my marriage…my husband puts me as his top priority, nothing out-ranks me except God Himself.


How much more secure I am to be in the love of God. “His banner over me is love.” (S.of S. 2:4) God has stopped at nothing to communicate His love for me. Jesus left the perfection of heaven to step into a body of slowly dying flesh, just to communicate the love of God, to dwell among us, and to restore our relationship with Him back to the way it was…perfect and complete.


‘Taste and see…the lord is good..’ (Ps. 34:8)

‘Whoever is wise, let him heed these things and consider the great love of the Lord.’
(Ps. 107:43)

How I pray you really know Him….know His character, His perfect love for you. He is so good.