Thursday, February 18, 2010

Worship...

Worship…Webster says it means to pay divine honors to the Supreme Being; to honor with extravagant love and extreme submission, to respect and venerate.


The words in the scriptures of the Old Testament seem to refer to a reverent attitude of the mind or the body, sometimes both of them combined. There are several Hebrew words that are used to communicate this ‘worship’ concept. Several Greek words are used in the New Testament as well. So many I will need much more time than my regular morning quiet time to discern.


What is this thing we so casually today call ‘worship’. Is it something I perform? Something to be ‘done’? CAN I even ‘do’ the thing?

What is the purpose? Who decides what it is, how it is accomplished? Is there a certain standard?


I can not articulate my thoughts on this yet…I’m still searching the heart of God about it. And asking Him to search mine….