Thursday, May 27, 2010

Delivery

Delivery.. Hospitals have rooms that are specified for deliveries. Stores have big doorways for theirs. Kevin the UPS guy and Jerry the Fed-Ex guy do a lot of our deliveries…

I’m expecting some deliveries today at the salon. In years past, I was delivered of two healthy baby boys. Big ones, I might add…9 pounders. I was quite ready to be delivered of them too !


Webster defines ‘deliver’ .. to free, to release, rescue, save…to give or to transfer, put into another’s hand or power, pass from one to another.

It can also mean to utter or pronounce, to send forth in words. ( I guess I’m making a delivery as I type this :) … )


Jesus has ‘rescued me from the coming wrath.’ (1Th. 1:10)

“Giving thanks to the Father…for He has rescued me from the dominion of darkness and brought me into the kingdom of the Son He loves, in Whom I have redemption..’ (Col. 1:12-14 personalized by me)

He has delivered me in many difficult seasons of life. “..I was under great pressure, far beyond my ability to endure, so that I despaired even of life….He has delivered me from such deadly peril….on Him I have set my hope that He will continue to deliver me’ (2 Cor. 1:9,10 personalized by me)

Why? Simply because He is God, He created me, and He loves me. And He loves you too.

He wants to restore us to what we were meant to be before we chose differently…choosing to know evil. ( that tree of the knowledge of good and evil…remember? Be careful, they‘re growing everywhere !! We are wise to stay away from choosing the knowledge of evil…)


That evil is defined for us. It is summarized in Ten Commandments. They were delivered to God’s people thru Moses.

Now, God’s people are delivered from the impossibility of keeping them…. and delivered from the penalty of not doing so. That delivery is called ‘grace’.

‘Set free from sin…and become slaves to God.’ (Rom. 6:22) ‘slaves to righteousness.” (Rom. 6:18) ‘ ..not free from God’s law, but am under Christ’s law’ (1Cor. 9:21)


‘ I am no longer shackled to that domineering mate of sin, and out from under all those oppressive regulations and fine print, I am free to live a new life in the freedom of God.’ (Romans 7:6 The Message, personalized by me)


I am delivered. Are you?