Thursday, July 12, 2012

Multiplied....

We learn in the first few years of school what it is for a number to be multiplied.

We learn in Sunday school how God instructed creatures to multiply. Noah unloaded the ark on an earth that had been flooded, and again, God said "...multiply, and fill the earth.." (Genesis 1:22 and Genesis 9:1)

Jesus disciples must have wondered why He didn't cash in on the opportunity to multiply His followers. He was, after all, Messiah...why would He not take advantage of this situation and build up an army of men to help Him bring victory to Israel? Jesus could easily multiply the number of followers...many times over.

But instead of rallying people to that cause, He keeps them quieted and calm, seats them on the grassy field, and multiplies....

Fish. And bread.

"Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish." (John 6:11)



It was Passover season...and Jesus knew that He was the perfect Lamb of sacrifice. He knew what was ahead. He knew the time was getting short. There would soon be another Bread being broken and multiplied.

His Body.




I purpose today, to get involved in breaking that Bread of Life in the multiple opportunities He sets before me.

Jesus asked those with Him that day, "Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?" (John 6:5)

He speaks to me this moment, thru scripture....."I Am the Bread of Life." (John 6:48)

And as He spoke to Peter, He speaks to me....

"Feed my sheep...." (John 21:17)

What I have is less than a fish and a hunk of bread.... But in whatever situation I face, whatever I have, placed in The Hands of Jesus....will be multiplied.

He will make it more than enough.

Hallelujah