Friday, August 17, 2012

Home...




Home.... Webster says it is the 'sacred refuge of our life'.

Some online definitions I saw were 'the physical structure within which one lives'.
Another, 'the social unit formed by a family living together'.
Yet another, 'the place or region where something is native or most common'.


Words are so powerful. A simple four letter word... 'home', so full of application.

There are a lot of people who are homeLESS.  The saddest of those are the people who have big houses, and yet are homeless.

There are homeless people who own places, even lots of land....and never are 'home'.

There are people who are surrounded by people, live among them...with them...and are homeless.


I am blessed with a physical structure to live in. I am blessed with a husband who loves and cherishes me. I am still geographically in the same area that has always been home.

Yet sometimes the world around me and all that is in it seems so foreign. There have been so many compromises, so many alterations, so many adaptations, so much has changed.  Sometimes I feel quite homeless.


"....But the People of Israel made themselves at home among the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. They married their daughters and gave their own daughters to their sons in marriage. And they worshiped their gods. The People of Israel did evil in GOD's sight. They forgot their GOD and worshiped the Baal gods and Asherah goddesses. (Judges 3:5-7 from The Message)

 I am called to love, sent to disciple, and instructed to be light in dark places. 

But I never want to feel at home among people who have compromised God's standard and refuse to line up their lives with His design and plan.

"...We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord."(2Cor. 5:8)


There are days when I so identify with Paul......days when my spirit longs to cry out "Come Lord Jesus."     

Yet there are those who are not ready....