Monday, February 7, 2011

Renovation....


Renovation… We renovated our kitchen a few years ago. Boy….what a mess to live with that going on !! I’m sure glad it wasn’t like the renovation going on with in me….


“…put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.”(Col. 3: 10)

The word renewed in that verse is anakainoo in the original language. It means to renew or renovate.

When we renovated our cabinets, all the doors were removed. I thought I was pretty organized in my kitchen cabinets. Until they took all the doors off. Man, what a mess.

Our Creator took all the doors off. Oh, it’s not that He can’t see what’s behind them…it’s me that needs to see the mess and allow Him to remove the clutter and renovate.

The kitchen is done. Cabinetry is beautiful.

The renovation within me is ongoing.

It is a work in progress.