Wednesday, February 16, 2011

More "Happy"....

“…This poor man died, and was taken up by the angels to the lap of Abraham. The rich man also died and was buried. In hell and in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham in the distance and Lazarus in his lap. He called out, 'Father Abraham, mercy! Have mercy! Send Lazarus to dip his finger in water to cool my tongue. I'm in agony in this fire.'

"But Abraham said…….

'Child, remember that in your lifetime you got the good things and Lazarus the bad things. It's not like that here. Here he's consoled and you're tormented. (Luke 16:22-25 The Message)


This rich man probably considered himself happy.

Happiness we attain for ourselves can NOT be held on to.

Listen to Solomon’s advice: “Be happy……… let your heart give you joy ………… Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see….

….but know that for all these things God will bring you to judgment..” (Ecc.11:9)

Whatever it is that defines that state of being ‘happy’, I purpose it to be pleasing to my Creator and ruling Force of my life.

If God isn’t happy….I certainly won’t be for very long. And most assuredly not for eternity.