Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Goal....

Goal… It is that time of year again, time for the competition to begin over goals. Who will make more trips across the goal line….

I’m not a football fan. But I do understand goal lines. I have battled against opposition trying to reach goals. It is often a struggle to gain any ground.

This morning I am beginning preparations for a Bible study that will continue until spring. And I ask myself what my goal is.

Is it to gain information? Learn facts? Figure out end-times? (..this year the study is Isaiah)

I want my goal to be a more vibrant relationship with my Lord. I want to be filled and re-filled with HIS joy, even when it gets difficult. I want the facts and information to come to life, to apply to my situations and my circumstances, to jump off the pages and into my face and heart.

There has already been opposition. There has been interference when I turned my eyes and thoughts to the matter. There is a very real enemy who will try to steal away my purposes. He has a different goal, in the opposite direction.

So, what is your goal? Do you have one? Is there a definite purpose for your being alive this day? Will you accomplish any purpose, any eternal value in that purpose?

I’ll do a lot of hair today. But God willing, that will be the least of it. May today be a day that He uses me to gain ground on some spiritual field…perhaps even reaching a goal.

May my desire be to play my position and play it well…whether it’s blocking the opposition, or stepping across the goal line….my part is important.