Saturday, September 11, 2010

Bittersweet....

Bittersweet… I use a bittersweet chocolate in baking. It looks yummy, but by itself, it’s really pretty yucky. Bitter.

A square of that chocolate mixed with appropriate amounts of other ingredients will produce a perfectly delightful dessert. Sweet.

The dessert can’t taste as it does without that bitter ingredient.

Life is certainly like that.

The delightful is often gained by having some bitter experiences in the mix. But no matter how bitter, God is able to sweeten. “Though I …see trouble…many and bitter, You will restore…You will bring me up…You will increase..and comfort..” (Ps. 71:20)

It takes all the ingredients for my recipe. It takes that bitter chocolate…else the whole thing is a failure.

Life is certainly like that.

“Surely it was for my benefit that I suffered….” (Isaiah 38:17)

In every struggle, I want to expect the benefit.

I want to recognize every sweet thing that comes from the bitter.

I want to praise Him….before, during, and after.