Thursday, September 15, 2011

Quote 6...

Quotes 6... “There’s no place like home.”….

The older I get, the more I find that to be true. Home, however, is not where ‘home’ once was. Foreman, Arkansas was ‘home’ for many years. New Boston, Texas is ‘home’ now…Daniels Chapel to be exact.

I still like to go places, but I don’t like to stay as long any more. I like to be at ‘home’.

But even here at ‘home’, there are times when I feel so out of sorts, even out of place. So many times, especially when the struggles come, I get this hard to describe yearning…..

Neither my ‘home’ nor my life is perfect. No part of it. But I know there IS a ‘home’ that is perfect.

I am not speaking about dissatisfaction..I’m not talking about wanting something I don’t have, or not having every need met, Paul lived it out, and said it very well…

“I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” (Phil. 4:11-13)

Thank You Lord for Paul and for the recorded words he penned.

You see, God “ has also set eternity in the hearts of men..” (Ecc. 3:11)

This place will never fully meet the ache inside. Nor will there ever be ‘enough’ to satisfy. There will always be a bigger house, another toy, the latest gadget.

They will come out with a better car, a new design label.

They will build a new tourist spot and a more luxurious way to get there.

A secret of living life in this body of flesh is finding contentment and purpose exactly where you are.

….‘cause there’s no place like home…

“Sometimes we can hardly wait to move--and so we cry out in frustration. Compared to what's coming, living conditions around here seem like a stopover in an unfurnished shack, and we're tired of it! We've been given a glimpse of the real thing, our true home, our resurrection bodies! The Spirit of God whets our appetite by giving us a taste of what's ahead. He puts a little of heaven in our hearts so that we'll never settle for less.” (2Cor. 5:2-5 The Message)


There IS no place like home, and eternity is in this heart…