Thursday, November 4, 2010

Overwhelmed....

Overwhelmed… I’m thankful that even though I sometimes am, The Great I Am is not….

Even when I feel like the battle is being lost, even when I am ‘overwhelmed with dread….God IS present….’ (Ps. 14:5)

“In my distress I call to the Lord, I call out to my God. From His temple He hears my voice..” (2 Sam. 22:5)

Today I am again thankful to Him that He is THE Almighty. He is ALL Powerful. Even when I am under His rod of discipline, over and over He has promised “Never will I leave you, never will I forsake You.” (Deut. 31:6. Josh. 1:5, 1 Ch. 28:20)

I am often overwhelmed. The older I get, the more I realize how powerless I am. The longer I live, the more opportunities I have to experience my utter helplessness. And I am thankful that He has revealed to me the truth about my weakness.

As His child, I am not left to my own resources, for they are so insufficient.

“His grace is sufficient for me, for HIS power is made perfect in MY weakness..” (2Cor. 12:9 personalized by me)

It has always been when I am utterly overwhelmed that I feel His Presence most profoundly. When the opposition looks beyond overcoming, in His perfect time, His Hand moves, and mountains crumble.

In heavenly armor we enter the land
The battle belongs to the Lord
No weapon that's fashioned against us shall stand
The battle belongs to the Lord

The power of darkness comes in like a flood
The battle belongs to the Lord
He's raised up a standard, the power of His blood
The battle belongs to the Lord

When your enemy presses in hard do not fear
The battle belongs to the Lord
Take courage my friend, your redemption is near
The battle belongs to the Lord

We sing glory and honor
Power and strength to the Lord

Thank You Father that in all things, we can be more than conquerors (Rom.8:37), through You…. You Who loves us perfectly…