Thursday, November 18, 2010

Options....

I am thankful for options. Well....sometimes

God gave me options. We refer to it as 'free will'. It stinks sometimes. At least in my experience.

Sometimes I find myself praying to Him to change my options, and to change what I find myself opting for !! Often my desire is for something I know I should not have the desire FOR in the first place!

Often when I am faced with a choice, I hear His Spirit whispering to me....'....might ought to rethink your options Connie, that one is not best...don't fall for a lie again...you do have an enemy, he is the father of lies and a deciever...trust Me on this...'

So many times, I have been slow to learn.

There are many times when I wish I didn't have to choose....I wish I didn't have to be responsible for choosing the right option. Man, it gets really hard sometimes.

But....if God had not created as He did, if He had not given us that 'free will', we would not be capable of loving Him...only required to serve Him. We would not have a gift to give Him, He would control us completely without any other option for us.

What good would that be? Love is not love at all if it is not given.

My husband loves me, and I am not always very lovable. He stays in our marriage NOT because he doesn't have another option. He comes home every day, he loves me even when I'm grouchy....even when I'm sad, even when I'm angry. He opts to do that. (Thank God!! and thank you sweetheart....)

"Find your delight in the Lord. THEN He will give you the desires of your heart...Commit your life to Him..." (Ps.37:4)

God asks us to commit ourselves to Him, entrusting every decision to His authority. He gives me information in scripture, revealing to me His character. I can not trust Him if I don't KNOW Him.

And as I continue to get to know Him, my trust grows, my surrender becomes more and more complete. My security becomes more and more unshakeable in the waiting.

I have learned from my options. I've chosen poorly often. And I've learned that God is faithful to act, even though He must often wait until I've used up all my other options before coming to Him in full surrender, opting for His guidance.