Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cotton...

Cotton… Today, I’m thankful for cotton.

One of my clients once used the term ‘fabric snob’. I like that term.

I think I might be one.

I like nice fabrics. I love good cotton fabrics. Expensive silks and cashmeres are ok, satin I can pass…but a good cotton is hard to beat, in my opinion.

If you don’t think so, try sleeping on a nice high thread count sheet for a few nights, then go back to a 200 thread count set! Your skin will tell you the difference.

I think it’s ok to be a fabric snob.

Scripture has a lot of examples of fine linens. The Proverbs 31 woman had fine garments, carpets, bed coverings….and she is said to be the ‘wife of noble character, worth far more than rubies’.

God created beauty. He made the first garments, they were ‘garments of skin’. (Gen. 3:21)

He gave many instructions about weaving fabrics and making things.

“Weave the tunic of fine linen, make the turban of fine linen…the sash to be the work of an embroiderer..” (Ex. 28:39)

The priests garments must have been very beautiful. Fine fabrics, beautiful colors, ornately decorated….you should read the descriptions for yourself. (Ex. Chapters 28&29, Lev. chapters 8,&16)

My High Priest owned one thing of any value. He had a plain, seamless, woven garment.

He watched as it was gambled over.

I happen to think His mother made it for Him.

And I think it was cotton. A very high thread count, soft, comfortable, cotton.