Thursday, January 19, 2012

Becoming...

There is a slogan among hair salons… “If your hair is not becoming to you, you should be coming to us.”

It’s a catchy little advertising slogan. I’ve seen it printed on t-shirts and coffee cups.

I don’t use it. But during my quiet time this morning, I’m hearing it… with just a little twist…

“Connie…if what you see in yourself is not becoming to you, you should be coming to Me.”

What is unbecoming in me is beyond my fixing it. And once He has addressed the unbecoming mess, there’s always another unbecoming mess that becomes a problem.

Just like my house, my temple needs cleaning regularly. "What is my beloved doing in my temple as she….. works out her evil schemes?……”(Jer. 11:15)

And so, again, I find myself convicted by scripture.

“…. on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. (2 Thes. 1:10)

When, not if. He IS coming….to be recognized and acknowledged for all that He is…IN His holy people. And since I am His, that includes me.

He is coming to be glorified in me. And if you’re His, that means you too.

That process is begun. It is visible, or should be…for we “are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory.”(2 Cor. 3:18)

When He comes, it will be no longer be a matter of ‘good hair days’ and ‘bad hair days’.

For now, some days we look a little more like Jesus than others.

On that day, He will be revealed in every one of us. Never again will we evaluate each other “…. from a worldly point of view.” (2Cor. 5:16)