Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankfullness...

11-1-11
I am challenging myself to post one thing I am thankful for as my status every day until Thanksgiving. Want to join me? Today I am thankful that I have a clearer understanding and more intimate relationship with Jesus Christ than I have had in the past, and thankful to know His love in a very real way.

11-2-11
I am thankful for the promises of scripture. Promises from a holy God who can not lie and will never forget nor fail.

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)

I can be sure that what God asks is always and only good. Whatever He asks, whatever difficulty I face, no matter what it ‘looks’ like….God’s plan for me is good.

I am thankful that He doesn’t take my failure as an out for Himself.

It is me who has the desire to quit, never ever Him. No matter how often I stumble or even fall flat on my face…He is willing and anxious to raise me up and continue forward.

(….there’s that song in my head again…. ‘movin’ on up….’…)