Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankfullness #2

11-3-11
I am thankful for being ‘churched’.

There was instilled in me a very strong sense of right and wrong, a recognition and submission to authority, and a knowledge of Biblical information and teaching.

For some time, I resented such tight boundaries, so many restrictions…and of the fear of not staying within the boundaries.

Now, I am so very thankful for those restrictions. Those boundaries kept me safe. Those restrictions prevented me from ever having the opportunity to make some bad choices….and that saved me a lot of heartache.

“The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.”(Ps. 111:10)

Fear was the beginning of any wisdom I now have.

“So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.”(John 8:26)

I now enjoy freedom. Now, I am not as apt to choose poorly, I am just a bit wiser than I was. Not as wise as I hope to become. It is a journey.

I’m definitely not there yet…..