Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankfullness #9...


I am thankful for my man.

I am thankful for all the nonsense, the wisecracks, all the picking and teasing… There are very few hours that pass that he does not in some way acknowledge my worth to him…certainly never a day of the last 37+ years.

I am thankful for the morals that he has, the standards by which he endeavors to live, and the integrity that he strives to maintain.

I am thankful that he has never lorded himself over me, but has instead always had a servant heart. Not only does he think he’s not above any task, he considers that I am…and steps in to perform them instead.

I am thankful for the genuine concern he has for other people, the strong convictions about right and wrong, fairness, justice…

And I am thankful for the compassionate heart that has not become hard and calloused over the years, in spite of seeing and experiencing so much of human sinfulness and suffering.

He is a mighty man of God, my knight in shining armor.