Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Now...

Now...

Time is not new...but it is important. Now is all we have. Live fully in it.

Not in the past.

Not waiting for that perfect time yet to come.

Now.



"Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." (Ps. 90:12)

Oh Lord, help us to be wise in our 'now'.


Grief...yes, I've tasted it, but have never had to drink the cup that has been to the lips of so many. Again today, some drink of it.

I have no help...nothing to offer...no way to take it away.

I think again of Job's story.."If only my anguish could be weighed and all my misery be placed on the scales...it would surely outweigh the sand of the seas.."(Job 6:2)

I can not imagine the heaviness of the sorrow some bear at this moment. I can only offer myself to God and ask Him to use me in some small way to bring His comfort. He is the only answer.

"In my distress I called to the Lord. I cried to my God for help From His temple He heard my voice. My cry came before Him, into His ears. (Ps.18:6)

I purpose to live in my 'now'. It is all I have. And I purpose to live it as God leads. He has brought me to this place, He will lead me forward from here.