Thursday, December 30, 2010

Friend...


friends...Our culture calls lots of things friendship. But having a true friend is a treasure, being one is not easy.

It is a relationship and requires commitment and work.

On Facebook, we collect friends and number them. People 'request' to be your friend, and we have the option of accepting or rejecting.

I rejected a request last night, and it has made me wonder if I do that in 'real life

"Every man is a friend to him that gives gifts"(Prov.19:6)

Do I look for friendship only from those who have something to offer me in return? When it's beneficial for ME? When I am comfortable with it?

Jesus Himself calls us friend.

If we look for benefits from friendship, He is THE ONE.

But it's a relationship and requires commitment and work.

"... See MoreYou are my friends when you do the things I command you"(John 15:14MSG)

That would be a tall order without His grace, without being connected to Him, for He is the PowerSource. "..apart from Me, you can do nothing"(John 15:5)

Lord help us be good friends to each other.