Sunday, December 26, 2010

Imagine and expect...

Imagination... does anyone else play out the day in your head before it happens?

How perfect it will be? What might go wrong?

I do it because I am selfish. There, I said it.

I might as well admit it,"The Lord searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts.("1Chron.28:9)

I want things how I want them.... but God doesn't always work the way I imagine....even when He wants the same things I do.

Expectations...did you have them?

Were they met? Disappointed? Pleasantly surprised?

Were you properly prepared? If so, what did you do to prepare?

Jesus said when we put His purposes first, He takes care of the rest.(Matt6:33)

I struggled to depend on Him, trusting Him to tend to the details...and He did.

Magnificently.

As ...He always does.

For once, I didn't look at the storm...