Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Trust...

Preparing to speak to 2 & 3 year old children, I found myself trying to find a way to communicate the idea of trust.

One of my most treasured Words from God is about trust. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding..."(Proverbs 3:5)

We speak of faith and trust.  We sing about trust and obedience.  But even when I am obeying, am I really trusting? 

I must confess that often, my obedience is not bathed in trust.  Sometimes my obedience is out of pure choice, hoping for the best...often after I've exhausted all my own resources.



Again, I thank God for showing me how Jesus deals with my issue.
"... if You can do anything, take pity on us and help us!"   And Jesus said to him,
" 'If You can?' All things are possible to him who believes."  Immediately the boy's father cried out and said, "I do believe; help my unbelief." (Mark 9:222-25)

This man had a problem he couldn't fix.  He knew Jesus had done some pretty awesome things, and asked for His help. 

That little word 'if' this father uttered brought him face to face with a crisis of faith.  He was challenged to believe that Jesus can do ANY thing....and trust Jesus.

Trust that He will do the RIGHT thing.

Oh Lord God, help my unbelief.