Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Answers...

God answers.  I know He does.

During the past few hours, He has said 'Yes' to my requests.

To mine....yet for so many others, it seems there was not a yes.

It is the age old question.  Why do bad things happen, even to good people?

Again my mind turns to the story of Job.  Again I determine to look ole' Job up when we all get home to God's house and thank him for his faithfulness.  I want to personally thank him for being used by God SO many times to encourage and admonish me.  I want him to know that his suffering so many many years ago did not go without purpose.



I do not want to be like Jobs friends.  I don't presume to know why this tragedy has happened, other than this world is suffering from years and years,  layers and layers of sin and rebellion.

The ground was cursed because of disobedience and rebellion in the Garden.  We have damaged our earth home and caused consequences we don't even recognize.  Yet God IS still on His throne, He still has power that is unequalled....far beyond the small display we have seen in the recent storm!!

I do not challenge His authority, I do not accuse Him....yet I struggle with why we were not touched by what has devastated so many.

The storm did not harm us.  But it was not because of any good thing in me, or any of us in this house.
The storm did not harm us.  And that was exactly what we requested.
The storm did not harm us.  Yet so many were indeed harmed.

Did they pray?

Surely there were prayers said....by someone......