Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Face-to-face.....

Face-to-face…. I anticipate a face-to-face encounter.

In this age of technology, there are many people I call ‘friend’ with whom I have never had a face-to-face meeting. It is a concept I’ve wrestled with over and over. Do I ‘know’ these people? On the other hand, do I even ‘know’ the people I see and touch?

How do we come to ‘know’?
Do we need to ‘see’? Is seeing with our eyes the only way to ‘see’?

( If seeing with eyes is required, then blind people would ‘know’ absolutely no one! )

So….knowing someone has little to do with sight., perhaps even time and space. Relationships come in many ways, shapes, and forms.

As I anticipate this face-to-face meeting with a friend, I think about meeting Jesus face-to-face.

I ‘know’ Jesus. He is my Savior, and my very best friend. But I have never shook His Hand, never looked into His eyes. I ‘know’ Him thru the Words of scripture, and through the power of His Spirit. Our relationship is spiritual. It is genuine. It is real. And it’s the most treasured relationship I have…..

After this coming encounter with a friend, I will know him better. Our relationship will have a new facet….face to face.

How I anticipate a face-to-Face meeting with my Best Friend !! One day I will meet Him face-to-Face. One day, our relationship will be changed by a face-to-Face encounter. A physical encounter to enhance the spiritual relationship that exists now.


“ Now I see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then I shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.” ( 1 Cor. 13:12 NIV personalized by me )

“ Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when He appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see Him as He is.” (1 John 3:2 NIV)

Whether you know Him or not….you WILL meet Him face-to-Face. And you will bow…“all created beings in heaven and on earth--even those long ago dead and buried--will bow in worship before this Jesus Christ, and call out in praise that he is the Master of all, to the glorious honor of God the Father. (Phillipians 2:10 The Message )

Glory !!