Saturday, April 9, 2011

Suddenly...

Suddenly…. Unexpected. Ever had a ‘suddenly’ moment?

The TV program is interrupted with a news flash….

The doctor says, ‘it’s a tumor’…

The phone rings, the news is bad….

Someone nearby collapses…

He/She says ‘I want out’…

Suddenly moments. Suddenly your perspective and your world is changed.

Suddenly, security is gone. And we are faced with what was in fact true all along…there is no security. We are incapable of securing anything.



“While people are saying, ‘Peace and safety,’ destruction will come on them suddenly…”
(1 Thes. 5:3)

“….If he comes suddenly…do not let him find you sleeping…” (Mark 13:36)


Don’t wait until your suddenly moment to think about Him. Don’t wait until a suddenly moment to pray, to consider what He has said to us, what He has done for us.

“…. I know the plans I have for you… plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD…”(Jer. 29:11-14)